INFORMATION ABOUT US
The business has a trading address at:
7 Derrychrin Road
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis only, and the business reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on our site without notice. The business will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, the business may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site to users.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or
- similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Nothing in these terms shall operate to grant to you any intellectual property rights and goodwill in any of the content of our web site, including without limitation any trade and service marks, trade or business names, domain names, design rights, copyright, moral rights, database rights (whether or not any of these are registered), know-how, confidential information and trade secrets used and employed.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any pages(s) from our site for your personal reference and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status as the authors (and that of any identified contributors) of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The business aims to update this site regularly, and may change the content at any time without notice. If the need arises we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any material on this site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
While great care has been taken in the preparation of the content of all pages on this web site, nothing on this web site purports to, or, should be construed as giving any advice, or, making any recommendation, it is for general information purposes only. The business accepts no liability for the accuracy, availability or completeness and/or use of the information contained on this web site.
You shall use your best endeavours to preserve the confidentiality of any information identified by the business prior to disclosure to you as confidential or proprietary information.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, neither the business nor any of its employees or agents shall be liable for:
- any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage howsoever resulting from your use of this web site, including, without limitation any liability for, loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill and/or wasted management or office time;
- any inaccuracies or typographical errors in the content of this web site or interruptions howsoever caused in its use;
- any detrimental reliance by you, or by anyone who may be informed by you either on the content of this web site or its suitability for your purposes;
- any viruses, worms or other items of a destructive nature downloaded or otherwise received from this web site;
- any modifications or corruptions arising from any unauthorised third party access to this web site;
- the content of any web site which may be accessed through or linked through to from this web site over which the business does not exercise any control whether financial, editorial or of any other kind;
- where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The business has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
In no event shall the total liability of the business to you for all or any loss or damage incurred by you exceed the lesser amount paid by you to the business for access to and use of this web site or £2,000.
TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED THROUGH OUR SITE, SHOWROOM OR IN YOUR OWN HOME.
Contracts for the supply of goods, services or information formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you or to you are governed by our terms of contract. Orders placed in person and not online are subject to a 50% deposit with remaining balance due on delivery. `Orders placed online must be paid in full at time of ordering.
CONSUMER RIGHTS – if you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel the Contract at any time within 14 working days from the day of signing the order slip, with the exception of goods made to order at the customers request and to their individual tastes and requirements. Fabrics for suites, beds and riser recliners chosen by the customer are also excluded from the fourteen day cancellation policy as these are made to order and not off the shelf. To cancel the Contract, you must inform Scootabout Mobility Services in writing. Any cancellation by phone must be confirmed in writing within the permitted cancellation period. This provision does not affect your statutory rights. Any faulty goods will be replaced upon inspection of the fault and if deemed to be faults not caused through consumer error and are manufacturer defects will be replaced or repaired where possible.
REFUNDS POLICY – if you have cancelled the Contract between us within the permitted cancellation period, with the exceptions mentioned above, Scootabout Mobility Services will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the charges paid by you prior to cancellation. Scootabout Mobility Services will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay the charges. Any custom made orders and orders which are chosen specifically by the consumer, are not included in this refund policy and the 50% deposit will not be refunded. Fabric for beds, riser recliners, suites and manufactured to order products are also excluded from refund and the 50% deposit is non refundable.
Individuals who are chronically sick or disabled and whose products are for personal use, or charities where the products are made available to a disabled person for their own personal/domestic use, may be eligible for VAT Relief.
To quality for VAT Relief you must ensure that the VAT Relief checkboxes are selected at checkout, along with stating the precise medical condition. Assuming you meet the criteria, VAT will not be added (unless a particular product has compulsory VAT).
Orders that are received without ticked exemption will incur the VAT charge which will be highlighted clearly to you through our shopping calculator.
Completed VAT Relief Declarations by customers are accepted as prima facie evidence by the Company that a valid medical condition exists for exemption under The VAT Act, and no VAT will be charged on the goods purchased. If, at a later date, HMRC disputes the validity of the medical condition, you will be liable to pay the appropriate VAT that should have been applied. Under these circumstances, Scootabout Mobility Services reserves the right to demand that you pay the VAT amount that is due.
Customers in other EU countries may have to pay VAT depending on location. Customers outside of the European Union do not pay any VAT.
The VAT/sales tax shown in the basket and in our checkout is meant as a guide. The final VAT/sales tax amount will be shown on the printed invoice received with your items.
Damage On Delivery
Goods damaged in transit must be reported immediately by signing the delivery note ‘Damaged On Arrival’. You MUST inform Scootabout Mobility Services as soon as possible on the SAME DAY as delivery/receipt of the goods that damage has been made. Any damaged goods must be retained by the buyer for any inspection. If the delivery note is signed without the comment ‘Damaged On Arrival’ the seller cannot be held responsible for damages. Customers may be requested to supply photos of the damage sustained in delivery and dispatch.
Manufacturer warranties and Scootabout Mobility Services warranties do not affect your consumer rights.
The majority of our products are guaranteed for twelve months by the manufacturer. Our warranty does not cover items used outside of the Northern Ireland and Mainland UK and does not include the cost of the hire of a replacement product(s). For items purchased outside of Northern Ireland, we can provide a return to base warranty at our discretion and at your cost. If any problems are experienced with the product(s), please contact us on 07818284740 or alternatively you can e-mail us: email@example.com.
Our warranties provide coverage only if you maintain or use the product as directed. For example, our warranty covers only personal uses – as opposed to business uses – of the product. If there are multiple users of the product then we would not cover any product faults.
Please note that if you have made any modifications to the product then this invalidates the manufacturer’s warranty and Scootabout Mobility Services guarantee.
Every effort has been taken to ensure that the products supplied by Scootabout Mobility Services correspond as closely as possible to the pictures illustrated on our website and brochure, but they may vary due to the unique characteristics and variation of materials. Scootabout Mobility Services are not responsible for any such variations, including but not limited to the following:
- Product colour and shade may vary from one manufacturing batch to another.
- Fabric patterns are not matched unless stated on labelling.
- Leather is a natural material with unique characteristics such as shade variation, random scars and blemishes.
We reserve the right to make any changes to product descriptions/specifications (internal or external) and any other changes where necessary.
Please check the details of the products shown on promotional publications or offers before ordering as products may differ from catalogue to website to store.
The price of the goods is the price set out on the website. All prices are shown in Pounds Sterling. The price of the goods is exclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.
The price of the goods is exclusive of the costs and charges of packaging, insurance and transport of the goods, which shall be invoiced to you separately.
Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
When you place an order with us you will be making an offer to enter into a contract. We will acknowledge your order but we will not accept your offer, and enter into a contract with you, until we dispatch the goods to you and inform you that they have been dispatched. At this point we will have entered into a binding contract and payment will be taken.
If you wish to cancel your order before we’ve despatched it, please call 07818284740 to request cancellation. We try to dispatch things very quickly so if you need to cancel your order please do so as soon as possible!
Please note once we have despatched an item(s) to you, the item cannot be cancelled and the below returns process comes into effect with their respective charges.
We hope you’re happy with every purchase you make with Scootabout Mobility Services, but if this isn’t the case we hope to make the returns process as simple as possible.
- You have the right to return your order within 14 calendar days of receiving the goods. After this period we cannot accept any returns.
- To cancel your order you must contact us via telephone to notify us of your decision to return. Below are our full details if you need to contact us for another reason.
Scootabout Mobility Services
7 Derrychrin Road
- To receive a full refund the product(s) must be returned complete, unused, in an undamaged state and in the original packaging.
- We will not refund you any supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us.
- If the product(s) are not returned in their original condition, Scootabout Mobility Services reserves the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s).
- We’re happy for you to unpack the item and inspect it properly. However, if you’ve used or installed it we will only make a partial refund to cover the loss in value of the product. This could be up to 50% of the price of the item.
- If on return of the goods, whether by post, self-delivery or courier, we find that necessary packaging is missing then we reserve the right to charge an £80 fee to repackage the product(s).
- Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on product(s) that are Made To Order, have been specially adapted to suit your requirements, or for products that can void Health & Safety regulations if used e.g. incontinence, bathroom or toilet products. A refund can only be given if the product(s) arrives faulty, damaged or incorrect. For incontinence products a refund can only be granted if you haven’t opened the outer packaging/wrapping.
- If you have purchased something and collected from the showroom you can return it.
- Where goods are manufactured to order, such as certain power chairs, chairs and beds, these items cannot be returned. We regret we cannot accept the return of bath safety products, toilet seats, commodes, underwear or any made to order, bespoke products. Your statutory rights are not affected. Please contact us if you require any further information about returns.
Engineered Collection Policy
Where goods need to be dismantled to enable return we can arrange to send a mobility technician to collect the product from you at a convenient time.
- If this service is needed, please notify us by phone or in writing within 14 days of the product being delivered.
- By ordering this service you agree to pay a cost of £80 (confirmed beforehand) as an engineer service fee.
LINKING FROM OUR SITE OR UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
You may not create a link from our web site or upload material to our site without first obtaining our written permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site if permission is granted.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
The business will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, the business may take such action as it deems appropriate and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as the business reasonably feel is necessary.
You will indemnify the business as is reasonable in the circumstances if a third party makes a claim against the business based on any actual or alleged:
negligent or wilful acts or omissions committed by you or persons authorised by you; failure by you or persons authorised by you to comply with all or any legislation or government regulation governing this web site or its use; infringement by you or persons authorised by you of any intellectual property rights in any of the content of this web site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.