Scootabout Mobility Services are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how the business will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Scootabout Mobility Services of 21 Pigeontown Road, Glenavy, Co Antrim, N Ireland, BT29 4LJ.
You can access and browse our site without disclosing any personal data. However; the business may collect and process the following data about you:
information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
This includes, but not limited to, enquiry forms, email links, posting material or requesting further services. We do not store financial information about you. The business may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
if you contact us, a record may be kept of that correspondence;
details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders – we only use your financial information for processing your order – this does not include the storage of financial data such as credit and debit card details;
details of your visits to our site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
The business may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to record aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. This information does not include any form of financial data.
For the same reason, the business may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable the business:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE THE business STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using encryption technology. Where the business has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The business asks you not to share a password with anyone.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the business will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once the business have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The business may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- the business may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and the business or they may contact you about these;
- if you are an existing customer, the business will only contact you by telephone, letter and/or electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- if you are a new customer, and where the business permits selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by telephone, letter and/ or electronic means;
you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- the business do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). The business may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). The business may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The business may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, as defined in Article 4 of the Companies (NI) Order 1986.
The business will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. The business will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at paul@Scootabout mobility.co.uk .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.